Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Art of War


Nothing intimidates ones opponent (see previous post) more than when you paint their portrait. I must use all my skills. Paint on, paint off.

I am humbled because this is too heavy handed, and Kawasaki is a very handsome man...it has come to my attention while sketching here today. He could be like Keanu Reeves older brother. And anybody who knows me knows I love Keanu.

Okay, now Guy, THIS is a poem...

A poem by Rumi:
You Are the Only Student You Have
You are the only faithful student you have.
All the others leave eventually.
Have you been making yourself shallow
with making others eminent?
Just remember, when you're in union,
you don't have to fear
that you'll be drained.
The command comes to speak,
and you feel the ocean
moving through you.
Then comes, Be silent,
as when the rain stops,
and the trees in the orchard
begin to draw moisture
up into themselves.

Thank you WoodMoor Village Zendo for the inspiration.

So you can see I'm getting somewhere here...I've got his foot suddenly in here like he's sitting lotus position...but then I wonder if this is cliche. I tried to google "illustrations Guy Kawasaki corporate buddha" but couldn't find something. It seems like Annie Leibowitz or Ralph Steadman would have thought of that already. I want bright beautiful couds and gold paint...maybe I should do a "Byzantine Kawasaki." Ooh, that sounds poetic. A kind of gaia gist. I'm struggling here...but don't tell Guy because I don't want him to see my weakness.

5 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Oi! Guy! You heard?....

S'allright. Jokin'. Won't tell him.

I thought a Kawasaki was a motorbike....

Anonymous said...

Candy,

Here is where you can download more pictures of me. :-)

http://guykawasaki.com/about/pictures.shtml

You flatter me with your attention. May you reach the top ten before I do.

Guy

Candy Minx said...

Hi "Guy"

You flatter me by showing up here (yeah right)

Um, but that IS an awesome link thank you...I shall try to post my progress in a few minutes, I think this is going to be a really fun painting.

"Guy" you are a really good sport.

(this is Mr.A isn't it? Or 4Dins?)

A-List said...

OMG a poem by Rumi :) finally someone else who knows who Rumi is!
You're an amazing artist!!! I had never heard about technorati before, quite interesting :)

Thanks for the response to the bus driver question, I hadn't looked at it in that way, you sure shed some light on my perspective...I hadn't realized what an impact a bus driver would have on those around him...and you're absolutely correct, I thought back to the days where I'd say to myself "whatta friendly bus driver" or "wow what crawled up his butt and died" lol...now I know it's a direct reflection of how people like me treat the guy...a simple thank you and a smile goes a long way...lesson learnt! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

nice try on drawing GuyKawasaki's !

at least you've tried. goodluck on your quest to become number one.

generated by sloganizer.net