Monday, May 22, 2006

Soda pop, nostalgia and urban legends


This post is for Meghan who loves Tab. This billboard is right by our studio and I love the art colours and it reminds me of family members who were addicted to this pop and to dieting while I was growing up. You know the aunt or cousin who was a few years older and always seemed fabulous looking. Weird how this billboard set off memories of these relatives. I didn't know it's name was created because people were keeping "tabs" on their weight or diet. I also didn't know it was a Coca-Cola product.
Ever had someone tell you they are raising money for a seeing eye dog, a wheelchair or a dyalysis machine by collecting soda pull tabs or cigarette wrappin? I am a sucker for this sort of thing and just found out right now it's an urban myth.

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

They thought Batman was an urban myth.....wha?....he is???? oh shit

generated by sloganizer.net