Sunday, May 07, 2006

BBC - Nottingham - Features - Local artist's ping pong project

Really, the women that shoot ping pong balls out of their yinyang are more artistic than this...

THIS is part of the top best art in contemporay art world? See this is why the art world is a con game. it's all bullshit. and the only reason other artists don't speak out about it is they are afraid of losing their governemnt grants, their university teaching tenures and gallery representation. Anyone who admits the art world mafia is a fcuking mafia and a scam artist is not living off their art...well, except for Kinkade. This is why Kinkade is being bought by people.

Who wants ping pong balls in their house, or dead animals hanging on the wall, or photos of anal sex on their living room walls?

I love art, and I love diversity and layers of meaning and I am pretty openminded to all kinds of art. I love low brow and I love Goya and Warhol but come on. No wonder nobody wants to go to art openings and buy art from galleries. Jesus.

It's also why I love the pop surrealist art genre, I bet they sell art like crazy, because it's beautiful, personal and people are interested in what those artists are SAYING. They are enthusiatic and ironic, scary fun, entertaining and challenging...and they aren't "punchline art".

For forty years the art world has been running the biggest swindle. Why does everyone let this happen?

You know who suffers because of this bullshit? Kids art programs.

7 comments:

me said...

you need to clarify some thing for me candy. are you saying the ping pong balls some "artist" has shot from her froo froo are the actual pieces of art?
or is she on some kind of podium/dias (see i know posh words too) doing it in the gallery?
mmm. just gets stranger and stranger!
if it is the latter, could you buy her and have her "installed" in your front room, or better still in the foyer of your workplace?

Candy Minx said...

Heh heh, NO there won't be any womans froo foo involved in this art work. I was well being sarcastic.

Hey I'm not saying the guy isn't making art, just art that sucks.

The Heart Of It All said...

You go Girl......Loved this post.

me said...

ah. sarcasm. just re-read it. now i get it.

Anonymous said...

I'd pay to see ping pong balls shot from froo froo. That may not be art, but there has to be some skill involved.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just read the actual article. Maybe you don't want to say it outright, Candy, but I will: THAT IS NOT ART!

The man (I refuse to call him "the artist") drops a box of ping pong balls down a stairway. And when asked if what he's doing is art, he replies, "when the balls have finished moving they will be arranged in a certain way, which in my mind, satisfies most people's criteria as to what art is."

WTF?

Anyone who pays to see this "exhibit" deserves to have all their money siphoned by a Nigerian email scam.

Candy Minx said...

Well, hi Overworm, sorry it to me so long to find your comments here. Um, apparently this group show cost about 20 million dollars U.S. 10 million British Lbs. So someone is paying for this, I suspect tax payers.

generated by sloganizer.net